Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post SI joint RF ablation results
painloopy posted:
Hi all,
I had radio frequency ablation done to my right SI joint area a few weeks ago and have not gone back to my doctor yet for follow-up. That is next week. I've been having mixed results as time has progressed so I wanted to know what others have experienced. At first my SI joint area was numb for a few days then I started having muscle spasms in that area and subsequently pinched pain. This week I've had pain radiating from the SI joint area to the hip area. So now I'm not sure if it worked at all but I read on some articles that it takes time to fully work but don't say how long or what to expect. I'm sure everyone is different to an extent. I just want to know if it worked for you - how did it progress from the time you had it done to it officially working? Was it immediate or was it progressive and how long did that take?

bj1208 responded:
Hi Painloopy - glad to see ya posting again~~

I had mine done 2 weeks apart and neither treatment worked - my pain doc said at that time that sometimes the nerve endings will heal themselves and/or are in the wrong spot. I was asked to keep a log of everything I did in a days time and if I had increased pains, where they were or if laying around if I had decreased pains. this was done 9 months after my fusion surgery and did not know that my nerve pains were permanent.

I would call your doc that did this and/or his nurse/PA and ask questions and let them know how you are feeling.and see what they say.

Keep us posted what yoiu find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center