Skip to content
An_251331 posted:
I have right side hip,groin, and lower back pain on my right side only. I have seen 5 Doctors and still no relief and am getting really depressed. I have a slight bulging disk on L4 and L5 but DR said not enough to be in this much pain. I have had 2 pain injections in my back did nothing have seen a chiropractor and also numerous physicians. I do not know who to turn to. The pain goes away for an hour or two and then comes back real hard and heavy. I have been to PT and nothing seems to work . I drive for a living and am in a car for 8 hrs a day sometimes three hours steady,but have to do this for my job. Please help.
bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

I really get tired of some doctors that say people with slight bulging discs shouldn't be in that much pain. there are some spine specialist and pain management specialists that will tell you there are some with bulging discs that are not bothered by any pains - surprised they have some and have had it for a while and they will tell you there are others that will have the slightest bulge and will be in bad chronic pains.

what I can suggest is to make sure you are seeing the right kind of spine doctor - either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - get a couple of opinions (one from both kind) make sure you have a MRI done with and without contrast (makes it easier to see everything going on with your spine)

seeing the right kind of pain management specialist is vital too. I see a PHYSIATRIST PAIN MANAGEMENT DOC -

they go deeper into pain management control based on patients needs. they can refer you to a good spine specialist and go over lots of options for pain management control.

please keep us posted what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~
Fused_8_levels responded:
I have had five fusions from s1 - t11 and when i had groin and hip pain with leg pain my neurosurgeon had sacro illiac injections done and that was the problem i am fused there now and doing great 3 months post op. x-rays were normal as was ct so the only way to find out is with the shots into the joint. do you have pain down the back of your leg? Good luck

Helpful Tips

Snake Venom for Pain
By Jon Bardin October 3, 2012, 12:52 p.m. Nobody wants to be bitten by a black mamba. One of the most dangerous snakes in the world, its ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center