Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Please help
    Presley_sc posted:
    I was in a terrible car accident at age 15 where I was ejected from the car breaking every bone in my body but my back neck and right arm. I am now 22 and am having some problems with my lower back. The doctor said it was a bulging disc, now when my back starts hurting I can't move my left leg. What could be wrong, what may be causing it and how could I treat it???
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Presley_sc - welcome to the support group -

    make sure you are seeing the right kind of doctor - either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - they may order current MRI/CT Scan so they can see what's going on. You can also see a PHYSIATRIST Pain Management specialist

    They go deeper into pain management control based on patients needs. they can also examine you, request MRI/CT Scans and can refer you to a spine specialist as they work with several that are really great spine specialist.

    Only the Spine Specialist and/or Pain Management Specialist can answer you questions once they have examined you.

    Please let us know what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
    Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    226 of 343 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center