Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    my lower back pain in spinal disc
    123243254356445 posted:
    I have immense pain in lower back and right leg . As per my doc and MRI report/NCV test , my right lower limb nerve is pressed by disc l5 and S1 .in my NCV test sensitivity in right leg was negligible .
    My MRI report.
    1) Loss of lordosis.
    2) Mild posterior bilge of L4-L5 and L5- S1 disc .effacing the anterior epidural fat, abutting the thecal sac ,encroaching upon the neutral foramina and intending the nerve roots.
    3) the AP canal diameter ,are as follow , L1-L2 : 1.68 cms , L2-L3 : 1.64 cm , L3-L4 : 1.46 cms ,L4-L5 : 1.29 cm , L5- S1 : 1.02 cms.
    NCV test (lower parts ) :

    1) left side : 26.5 ms.
    2) Right side : absent .

    My right side leg nerve have no any sensitivity.
    [br>BLOOD TEST : HLAB27 : NEGATIve

    I just want to know is it possible to treat my pain with yoga and PT. Or I have to opt any surgery.?
    bj1208 responded:
    hi 123243254356445 and welcome to the support group -

    we are lay people, who suffer from chronic spine issues. we are not professional physicians and cannot answer these types of questions.

    what doctors have you seen regarding the results of your MRI? you should see a spine specialist - either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - this does not mean surgery but they are the only ones that can read film reports properly and give you an accurate diagnosis along with treatment options. and those treatment options may include pain management and/or physical therapy. Yoga would benefit you but it's always a good idea to get the exercises approved as there are some that can do more harm than good especially if not shown the proper way to do them.

    please let us know what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center