Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    back pain
    dd1020 posted:
    In 2001 I was in a car accident was treated but over the last 5 years
    the pain has gotten worse sometimes I wish I would not wake up the pain can get that bad.Nothing the doctor has tried has worked I have gotten pain blocks injections pt and medication I am getting so depressed.I just
    want to be able to raise my children and not be in so much pain I feel like it runs my life.Anybody that is dealing with this have any advise how to live life in pain?

    Thank you
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi DD1020 - welcome to the support group -

    those of us here are living in pain 24/7 - and the best thing I can suggest is to make sure you are seeing the right kind of pain management specialist - I see a PHYSIATRIST Pain Doc and he and his staff are really great.

    They go deeper into pain management control based on patients need. They also have a great team of spine specialist they work with and can refer patients to them if needed.

    I hope this helps - seeing the right kind of doctors is the best medicine there is so that proper diagnosis, treatments etc., can be done.

    please keep us posted how you are doing~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
    Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    226 of 343 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center