Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
spinal stenosis
erika40long posted:
  • i have 2 herniated disks amd early sighns of spinial stenosis I'm in pain everyday of my life waitting to get into a pain management clinic it's taking forever my neurosurgeon specificaly said he wasn't going to give my percosets any more what should I do i'm in bed all the time with no life. And should I expect from the pain management clinic? Has anyone had that experience?

bj1208 responded:
Hi erika40long - welcome to the support group -

Yes, most of us have same or worse problems than what you are describing and it is horrible.

Do you have a appointment date set for your pain management visit? If so, discuss with your neurosurgeon to see if he/she can prescribe the meds til your appointment date. If not, then you may want to ask your primary care physician if he/she can do this. most times they will do this as long as you have a valid appointment made.

at your pain management visit they will review any records you have (MRI's, CT Scans, X-ray's etc - so bring those with you). They will examine you and look at how far you can bend forward/backward/sideways etc and will measure the pain based on this. They may order other tests depending on if they deem it necessary (EMG & Nerve Conduction Test etc) they may start you on steroid injections to see if this will help reduce pain and inflammation.

Hopefully this helps - please keep us posted what you find out~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center