Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    back problems
    An_249650 posted:
    was in a head -on collision,i was treated horrible @ the hospital,i finally got home and found out i several problems w/ my back and my ribs wrist, tmj,all this stuff i had no idea was. the accident happened in 2008 and i still have yet to see a good dr. and um in pain all over i justwant to die....i was supposed to b trying for a baby now and cant too many risks they say, i even broke my foot disability wont help my husband is sick of it...he got lucky snd didnt gethurt to bad, i got the worst of it. I really dont want to live,um only holding on for my dear puppy. i have no familiy, my husbands family is so money hungry, i dont dare get on county insurance...i just need a little prep talk and a true friend whos had a situation like me tto try to help me out. we got money but the medical bills took it ALL!!! I hate my life husbands family are sooo made that i cant work, they want us to sepperate. i was pregmant 1 time b4 the accident and lost the baby, and was screamed @ by his motherin the hospital having the misscarrage. I just ddont want my life ANYMORE.....anyone outthere understandwhat um feeling let me know....sorry,wanda

    Take the Poll

    what should i do??? how can i get help??? i cannot be the only onesomeone HELP PLEASE!!!
    • DIE
    View Poll Results
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Back Problems -

    This post is very disturbing and am sorry no one has responded sooner.

    First - you need to be seen by a good spine specialist - either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - they can examine you and order proper tests (MRI, CT Scan etc) to see what is going on. From there they will let you know what type of treatment plan. seeing a good PHYSIATRIST Pain Management Specialist (see link)

    this would be your best bet to help get you treatment for the pain.

    Also you should see a Psychiatrist so that you can discuss what you are going thru as you do have a lot of depression. they can help you a lot.

    please keep us posted what you find out~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    Anon_1421 responded:
    Oh Honey, please don't hurt yourself! First of all do you have insurance or no? If you have insurance, you need to find a doctor to get your pain under control-you didn't say if you were taking anything for your pain. Sometimes it is hard to find a good doctor, but you just have to keep trying until you find one that will help you. If you don't have insurance, you may qualify for medicaid-you said you didn't "dare get on county insurance" but you sound as if your pain is out of control so you need some way to be able to see a doctor! Now from the tone of your post it sounds like you are in an abusive situation-if I am wrong in thinking this, please forgive me-but if you are in this type of situation, YOU NEED TO GET OUT. Your husband's family sounds very abusive-is your husband treating you that way too? If he is, you need to get away and there are usually women's shelters that you can go to that will help you-and you might get help there with your medical issues too, not sure......I was in an abusive situation when I was younger.......and felt so alone and sad......but there is help out there-again, if I am wrong about your situation I truly apologize-please post more information so I know more and can try and figure out how to help you! I care Wanda, and I want to help-just not sure how to yet.....PLEASE POST BACK!
    backbreaking responded:
    Wanda, so sorry you are feeling the pain in your body and mind. Our minds can play tricks with us and it can be detrimental to our well being. I hope you will see a Dr. to get your depression and anxiety somewhat under control. Once you do that, try to get with a Dr. who will help you with the physical pain. It all seems so overwhelming when we are so focused on our pain. It's sometimes hard to believe we will ever be well again. I hope you get some relief soon. Please keep us posted and know there are people who have gone through the same things you are going through now even though it doesn't make your pain any less.

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center