Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Do I have a bulging disc or herniated disc?
    Eliloves83 posted:
    I had an MRI done on May 2, 2013 of my lumbar and cervical spine. I uploaded the MRI to my youtube channel. Here is the link:

    Please let me know if you can read it and what were you able to see in my spine?

    Thank you
    bj1208 responded:
    Hi Eliloves83 - welcome to the support board -

    Unfortunately, we no longer have any professional spine physicians to help assist us.

    Reading film reports is very hard for us lay people (the support board is all lay people like us suffering from pains). What I would suggest is to call or go by and ask for a written report of the MRI. they will give this to you and it will list the findings of the MRI.

    Even for me, I've had MRI/CT Scans etc done since '06 and I can't even read them (except I can see my hardware!).

    Once you get the written report post those findings and we will be happy to help you with what it says. Also, did they suggest that you see a physician for this? If so, it's best to see a spine specialist either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - they are the only ones that can accurately read film reports, give you a diagnosis and let you know what treatment options are available - they never suggest surgery as this is the last resort after treatments have failed.

    I hope this helps - let us know as soon as you get the written reports.
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    bj1208 responded:
    Eliloves83 - also I meant to give you this link letting you know what a herniated disc is and the different names it can be called.
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center