Skip to content
Like A Bad Penny...
davedsel posted:
I am back. Formerly "davedsel57" and a long-time member of the WebMD communities.

Decided to set up a new id and say hello to everyone.

I am doing OK. My wife is having her third workmans compensation hearing tomorrow. The carrier insists she can work, but her doctor says she is 100% disabled (due to a back injury) and can only perform sedentary work. Her former company (they terminated her as of 2/23/2013) would not accommodate her documented restrictions and they have no sedentary work. The carrier (company's wc insurance company) did not send a lawyer to the past two hearing and the judge ruled in her favor. We will see what happens tomorrow. Her wc attorney also does SSD and they are applying for that for my wife as well. We need a reliable, steady source of income and we never know when the WC payments may end.

Hope you are all doing OK.

dianer01 responded:
Bad pennies are the best kind. Good to see you back.

I am sorry to hear of your wife's continued disability but glad to hear the opposition seems to be stumbling all over itself to let her win. My best to both of you.

davedsel replied to dianer01's response:
Hello, di. Thanks for your reply.

The judge ruled in my wife's favor. Still at 100% disabled. There will be another hearing in August after their attorney (who did show up today) interviews all her doctors.

Thankful for today's ruling, but more hoops to jump through coming.
bj1208 responded:
Hey Dave - welcome back~~~

So glad to hear from you - glad that the judge ruled in your wife's favor.

I've been doing so-so - had new MRI done couple weeks ago. My L4-L5 disc is very unstable so have several appts set up with spine specialist to see what my options are.

anyway - good to hear from ya - we could always use the extra help~~

take care~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Acupuncture helps
Both acupuncture and cups do great in pain management. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center