Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mild nerve involvement
An_250929 posted:
I had an EMG over the past month and the results are that I have "mild nerve involvement" of my S1 to my pain. Surgery probably isn't required to fix it. What should be good news scares me. I've walked with a limp over the past two years and can spend only a limited amount of time sitting/standing. The pain is pretty much constant and I've been on Neurontin, Zanaflex, and Hydrocodone consistently since my spinal surgery. I've lost my job and am currently pursuing SSD. I feel stuck in the middle - unable to work (which I know because I tried to return to work for almost a year and was unable to do it and, like I said, I can't sit/stand for an hour) and I'm afraid this EMG result can prevent me from getting on SSD. I need advice and, probably, some comforting words of reassurance from people who've been here.

darlyn05 responded:
Without knowing anything further about your condition or what research you have done pertaining to SSDI, I will post a link for you that I found to possibly assist you.

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/1.00-Musculoskeletal-Adult.htm

Beings that you did already try to work and could not, hopefully noted in your discharge was mention of your condition being a factor, you may have a better chance than others.

Hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center