Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    2 month long back pain got worse and made noise, now almost bed ridden
    athyrarose posted:
    have always had a bit of a back problem but nothing serious, never went to a doctor for it. For the past 2 montbs though i have had a constant back ache getting worse trwards night then being better in the morning. This past week though the pain has been bad enough i cant lift most things, and last night when sitting down my back made a strange ripping noise and i have been almost bed ridden since, cant even take a bath as i cant lie down in it, havent slept since. has spread to lower left thigh....should i go to the er? please help
    athyrarose responded:
    also when i try to walk it freezes up on me completely and i feel like frankenstein walking
    bj1208 replied to athyrarose's response:
    Hi ATHYRAROSE - welcome to the support group -

    You really need to see either a Orthopedic Spine Specialist or Neurosurgeon Spine Specialist - they will examine you and may order tests (MRI, CT Scan, X-ray etc) so that they can see if there is anything going on with your spine. Once they have examined you they will let you know what type of treatment options would be best as there are lots of different types of treatments.

    If the pain is real bad you can go to the ER, however there isn't much they can do except maybe give a small script of pain meds and a referral to a spine specialist.

    You can also go to your primary care physician and be examined, however spine specialist are the only ones that can read film reports accurately. They may be able to give you something to hold you over until you see a spine doc.

    I hope this helps - please keep us posted~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center