Skip to content
Hey TRS1960 - Are you still around???
bj1208 posted:
Hey has anyone heard from Tim (TRS1960)????

It's been a while since he's been on the board - Am hoping he is doing ok.
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel responded:
I was wondering the same and feeling thing, Joy.

Such is the nature of an internet message board. Lots of coming and going. Missing many people that used to come. This board was so active when I first joined 10 years ago and now it is very different. Its OK, just not the same level of discussions as there used to be.
Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to davedsel's response:
I'm alive Had a rough patch, but I'm getting my feet under me. I've been off work playing ostrich for over 3 months. I was worn out and stressed out. BP was sitting at 210/107 for about a month and pain level was horrific. Pain level is still bad, but I'm finally feeling s little normal.

Went to dinner and a movie tonight with my wife and daughter for my birthday so smiles all around today.

I may not go back to work and utilize my disability benefits, long story. Dave and Joy know as do some others...I'll just keep plugging away a day at a time and figure out what's best for me and the fam.

My eldest graduated from high school. It's kinda a funny cuz she graduated with a 3.98 GPA which is good, but she had senioroitas so bad she had a 4.33 and just hung out the last month at high school. She's excited to start college and wants to major in math and be one a high school math teacher.

I'll try to fill in more of the blanks as time permits, many things going on medically and employment wise.

T

bj1208 replied to trs1960's response:
Hey Tim - HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~~

so glad to hear from ya - sorry you were not doing well - that blood pressure sure is tricky to get under control. mine is very well under control thou it was normally 150/90 and now it's more like 110/60 - doc has me on moexipril hctz 15-25. been on it for about 4-5 years now and even when my pain levels are at their worst my bp is really good.

That is really great news bout your daughter and her gpa - i'm sure she will get into a college that she will like.

well I have surgery scheduled for 9/10/13~~L4-5 going in thru back. will be fusion with plate, 4 screws and 2 rods - oh JOY~~~not looking forward to it - surgeon wants to operate this month but told him I didn't want to spend my summer recovering as I wanted to enjoy my pool~~he was very easy to work with on this and said if I get to be in too much pain let him know and he will work me in.

so good to hear from ya - was really getting worried - just take it easy~~later~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

dianer01 replied to trs1960's response:
Happy Birthday Tim!

Glad to hear you are still putting one foot in front of the other. One day at a time.

Also thrilled to hear of your daughters graduation and success. I have been at several different events this year involving young adults and see such promise in our young people. You should be proud!

di

trs1960 replied to dianer01's response:
Well my disability is getting Bad. They are basically forcing me back to work by making it impossible to satisfy there little games. I have been in soooo much more pain in the last two weeks as I spent each day on the phone with either a doctor or insurance or leaving messages at disability. I'm ready to get a lawyer and have at it. Our disability center is outsourced and they really don't give a crap! I told them today that they have worsened my health and increased my pain level beyond manageable by the added stress and closing my case without telling me...it's been he'll. my next doctor appointment was scheduled for June 28. The disability center closed my case and got their doctor to sign a release from 1,000 miles away! I did get my appointment moved up to this Wednesday, but if I'm not at work Monday they will close my case and the only option I have is to appeal which takes a min of 45 days. I just got a loan modification and would lose my house if I had to go 45 days without pay!

My doctor can disagree, but they only gave him two days of which one he was in surgery and two he took off ( which he deserves )

I'm so pissed and in so much pain! I'm having anxiety attacks from this and can't breathe!

I'm used up and am only alive for my wife and kids....

T

trs1960 replied to trs1960's response:
Anybody know What kind of lawyer I should get?

davedsel replied to trs1960's response:
Hi, Tim.

I am so sorry about all the problems you are having with your disability case. The insurance companies have no heart and no compassion. I had something similar happen but got doctor authorization quickly to continue on my company's short term disability, then went to long term disability and Social Security Disability.

Most attorneys that specialize in SSD also deal with cases like yours. There is a national firm that advertises pretty frequently on TV that seems to have a good success rate.

You can do an internet search for 'SSD attorneys' in your area and get hits.

I'll be praying for a good outcome for you soon.
Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to davedsel's response:
Thanks Dave

They're just trying to break from getting thru STD to LTD. I see my GP tomorrow morning and my disabling pain doc Wednesday I'm told that the law states your doctor has 30 days to appeal their decision. The disability ctr used their own doctor to change his directions and then gave him two working days to reply or their doctor prevails. I've told by a friend who is a local medical professional that this blatantly illegal! Unfortunately I need an attorney along with doctors.

Happy Father's Day

T

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center