Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't remember words
Meloria posted:
Hi everyone, I have had a spinal fusion and still have lots of pain. I am on MS Contin 120 mg. twice a day, Neurontin 800 mg 3 times per day, Zanaflex 2 per day, Zoloft 100 mg. 1 per day, and Mobic 1 per day. My problem is that I can't remember words, I can tell you what they mean but not the word. I am so embarrassed by this and very upset. Is any of these medicines causing this problem? Please help me. I work in an office and sometimes can't remember the word and I'm sure they think I'm crazy.

Meloria responded:
I forgot another thing. My eyesight is getting really bad. Some days I can see okay and other days everything just goes together. This is something that has just started. Is this caused from the medicine? Also, I have different places from day to day that are numb. Sunday is was the ends of my fingers on my right hand. Other times it might be my toes. Is this related to any of these things?

bj1208 replied to Meloria's response:
Hi MELORIA - welcome to the support group -

I too take Neuronton - 600mg 3 tabs twice daily (so 3600mg daily) - Neurontin is known to make eye site worse so keep that in mind.

Morphin can also do this but the neurontin is worse. My eyesite is getting so bad I've had to get reading glasses so I can read stuff - even using my cell phone is tricky unless I have reading glasses on -

it's good to get ur eyesite checked out and let them know how much nuerontin you are taking and how long you have been taking it.

hope this helps - keep us posted how u are doing
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

How I got rid of 2 1/2 years of sciatic pain
I had sciatic pain for over 2 years went to chiropractor twice a week for months, tried acupunture and ever nasd and pain pill out there. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center