Skip to content


I need some answers to what is going on.
Bigred1981 posted:
ok I went for a walk with my husband and a friend around are block witch is about 1/2 a mile, I've been noticing lately that when I stand and do the dishes are the lardy my lower back starts hurting and tonight when we started the walk my leg started hurting first but that went away, and my lower back starting hurting and keep hurting bad the whole time I was walking I got home and sit down and all at once when I sat down it went away, what could be causing my back to hurt like this? please let me know asap.
davedsel responded:

Your best course of action would be to see your primary doctor and describe your back pain. He/she may order an x-ray or MRI (the best test). If there is anything serious, your primary doctor may refer you to a spine specialist such as an orthopedic spine surgeon or neurosurgeon. While surgery is always a last resort, a spinal surgeon is the best doctor for diagnosing and treating back problems.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.


Helpful Tips

Yoga for Back Pain
My lower back has been causing me issues for a while but starting yoga 1-2 a week has helped quite a bit. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center