Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain continues
charl1942 posted:
Has anyone ever had a steroid injection that the issue
became better after 10 days?
Charl

Debsbears responded:
Yes. It also says on my take home care sheet - that the injections can start working as early as a few days or as long as 10 days. Mine usually start working in 7 days, then I schedule to have a few more done about 10 days later.

Until my muscle relaxers fully kick in I am getting steroid injections in my neck muscles I am going back next Wed. for more. Mine are just trigger point injections with steroids.

charl1942 replied to Debsbears's response:
Thanks Debsbears.

I thank you for trying to help, but I wanted to know if anyone was better after 10 days.

I past the 10 day mark and the doctor's office said after consulting with the doc that I still could get better as a result of the injection. I really don't think I have.
Charl

trs1960 replied to Debsbears's response:
To be honest. They say that steroids may take up to two weeks most of mine have given their best relief within days. I had some releif as long as ten days so don't give up. You have to believe in them T

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
Thanks TRS 1960 Mine are working in most of the areas she had done - there are 3 spots that need another shot so I'll be going on Wed.

Over all there has been much improvement in my neck. It is now my facets that are being a pain in the neck - pun intended. Deb,

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center