Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic Pain Smell
Deborah1413 posted:
I have had chronic back pain for many years and have been on Oxycontin CR 80 mg 5 times a day. I am also on Soma 3 times a day along with 4 other medications. Almost a year ago a pinched nerve in my back started spasms every morning that is the most unbearable pain I have ever had and it last for around 2 to 4 hours. I have noticed that I now have a weird smell about me in the mornings and was wondering if this has happened to any other chronic pain people. I know this is a strange question, but I would like to know if I am the only one. I am new to these boards so I hope this is not out of line.

trs1960 responded:
I have had stuff like that happen. I don't know if it was back related, but it could be? So many things happen in your brain when it gets twisted by pain!

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center