Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SI joint dysfunction
charl1942 posted:
I have been to a neurosurgeon who sent me to a anesthesiologist for an SI joint steroid injection bilaterally. For three incredible days I felt 90% better. Of course that shows we had it in the right spot, I understand, but what is the solution? Can anyone speak to that being the source of pain and what was done to rectify it?

I haven't been able to sit for more than a few minutes at the time in years. I have mentioned this on this board several times some time ago. I tried a donut pillow and all kinds of soft and more solid pillows, to no avail. That should have told me the problem was further out than the tailbone.

I know you all wish for a quick solution to your problems, so you know how desperate I am. The hardest part is not being able to sit.

The later in the day the worse the pain is. I have not had back surgery, but MRI, CT scan and Xrays have revealed I have DDD, and injured hip bones as well. Other things that come with aging.
Charl

Helpful Tips

I have resolved my tailbone / coccyx pain (coccydynia)
About two years ago I started experiencing pain in my tailbone while sitting. If I sat for more than a couple minutes, the pain would start ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center