Skip to content
Never have I felt so helpless, so empty
trs1960 posted:
Once about 8 yrs ago I almost went too far. It took me a yr to recover and I only returned to work to provide benefits and take care of my family.

It came from my second near death experience only this one was wrapped in a fentanyl patch and deep depression from intractable pain. I told my boss a few months ago when I had my dr disable me that " I'm sorry, but I am done. I am not in the place I was before, but the scenery is looking familiar! I almost lost everything including my house and was feeling lost I then negotiated a loan modification and I started feeling like myself again. I was willing to try the pain pump treatment and starting get my head on straight. Along comes an over zealous claims worker that has made it her goal to break me. What scares me is that she (they) might. I'm so scared and anxious I can hardly breathe. I can't sleep. I'm out of meds to help me. I need to get off the morphine as I think the side effects are causing mental problems. I feared this when my doc prescribed them to me about a year ago. The problem with a drug that takes that long to get under your skin is the stealth what in which it can take your sanity hostage! I'm trying to live an hour at a time until I see my doc GP tomorrow and pain Wednesday

Tim
FirstPrevious12NextLast

trs1960 responded:
Doc went well. I went to work like the disability center made me and the on site PA told me to go home. I hope the lady that screwed with me gets fired. I have hired a lawyer and filled formal charges through work. They took her off my case faster than you can blink.

She sent my health back months. I don't even know if I have a chance at success with the pain pump now. The stress has amplified my pain so much I know have ulcers breaking out on my skin.

Funny thing is I told the supervisor at the disability center that I saw my PCP today so she asked if they could contact him too? III said sure! He's been my primary doc for over 20 years and his been telling me I can't keep working until I die! Today he told me "those bastards should give you a medal for what you've given instead of screwing you around!" So yeah, I think he's a good doctor and character witness to talk to!

T

bj1208 replied to trs1960's response:
Hey Tim -

I am so glad you hired the attorney - they will help you and make sure you get everything you deserve.

It also sounds like you have some good doc's on your side and it sounds like you are gonna have a good win on your case.

try relaxation technics - take some benadryl and see if that helps with the ulcer sores (as long as doc says it's ok to take). Keep ur chin up. prayers are coming to you~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel replied to trs1960's response:
Tim, all is looking better for you now and I am so glad.

Companies today have no heart, no compassion. All they care about is the bottom line. If you can't help with that then you become a liability.

I will pray for continued success with the doctors and the lawyers.
Blessings,

-Dave

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
Hi Tim I am glad to hear they told you to go home - it is obvious you can't work - maybe them knowing you have an attorney they know you mean business.

I will also keep praying that all works out well for you. Deb

trs1960 replied to Debsbears's response:
Thanks guys. The good news is now I have a cause and I'm fighting mad! I'm not a litigious person, but they caused me harm and put my family at risk. I also have friends that may follow in my footsteps and I need to protect them too!

Another of interest that came up today... The doctor that overruled my doctor and wrote my release to work is in MN. I live and work in NV. Is she practicing medicine in NV without a license? I'm certainly not a Minnesota resident nor did I travel to see her.

My main premise is their lying caused ill effects to health. This is pain and suffering 101. This also put me in a category less likely to have positive results from the pain pump installation I was just getting my head around and preparing myself for. I had cut my oral med use down as my doctor told me that patients that can get off the oral meds prior to the pain have a much greater success rate. When they started screwing with the anxiety and stress caused me to increase my med intake.

I believe those to be damages that can be assigned a value. This would be in addition to my disability which was all I wanted until they caused me all this misery.

Tomorrow I see my pain doc and will get some records for the attorney. After the doc I am going to try the cranial sacral therapy then go back to my work and try to get more records and at 2:00 I meet with my attorney.

I want to be clear that I am after the contractor that manages out disability. Everyone in our company has been great. The nurse (PA) that sent me home works for us. The disability center pissed her off too which just puts her on my side.

The disability people are idiots. My boss warned them that I manage the legal issues for our construction enterprises and picking a fight with me would be a fools errand.

I've been getting help from managment on the sly and I have an appointment with our HR manager when he returns from vacation Thursday. I'm going at it with the attorney, but I'm also using internal channels to file grievance and complaints. To forge the path not just for me, but for those that follow. If we have a core benefit they can't decide to arbitrarily deny me mine!

That's arbitrary and capricious and against the law. I just need to quantify damages.

I know one thing I want is for a certain case manager to lose her job!

I am fighting mad!,

But I still love you guys and it sure helped to realize how many friends I have at work. Many of which are in the management structure . I'm a manager, but being injured I've kept my head low for the last few years.

Last Tuesday was my birthday and I had a voicemail from the entire department singing happy birthday and wishing me get wells"

It made me tear up. I have protected jobs in the past and never asked to fire someone until this. Last year I had o e of the kids on the crew start in on because he was really mad about something that had nothing to do with me, but wanted a fight. I just walked away. Later he called me and told me thanks. If I would have let it turn into a fight he could have lost his job and he's a really good guy he was just having a bad day...I can relate.

Keep you posted...

T

trs1960 replied to trs1960's response:
Been studying Nevada law. I think I possibly have a case for malpractice. If I can quantify the negative impact this out of state doctor caused me I have two legs to stand on. It's buried in NRS 630.225 which has to do with a doctor that is unlicensed by the board of this state making consultation or assisting with diagnosis. Secondly it is grounds for gross malpractice if a doctor's action "disregard for and indifference to the safety and welfare of a patient." I'm sure this is a high hurdle, but the facts support that statement in the state statutes.

Nothing makes you focus like having somebody put your family at risk and cause you pain and suffering. I have an infected topical ulcer on my butt right below my belt line. I can hardly walk it hurts so bad. My PCP said this was caused from stress as was my anxiety increased use of pain meds and anxiety attacks which needed further medication.

The lawyer I'm meeting with tomorrow may not be the right one, but I have confidence that if he is not he will find me the right counsel.

I hate being litigious, but I'm so enraged I think I have to do this! If not for me for those like me that follow in my footsteps!!

I need to look out for family, my friends and those I don't, but that could be harmed by this unscrupulous behavior!

T

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
Tim it does sound like you did your homework - I will praying for a good out come. Keep us posted. Deb

I got my benefits and I'm doing all I can to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else! That's a victory.

I realize there are people cheating the system and no one wants them found out more than I, but lets not deny those in need and make them a sad statistic!

My HR manager is all over this and that will do some good for other people

hey Tim - that's great news~~~

keep us posted how u are doing~~

I'm holding fair - Sept 10th is a long ways away when looking at back surgery and in such horrible pains. hoping I can hold out til then.

keep us posted~~

~~ Joy ~~

Debsbears replied to bj1208's response:
Great news Tim, Joy why do you have to wait until Sept. 10th? I will continue to pray for you.

Yes Joy, why?

Today is my eldest daughters 18th birthday. She is a wonderful person and just graduated high school with 4.0 with honers and on and on.

If there is one bright ray of hope it has always been my girls. They are why I fight to keep going. Working against all odds to help get them to college. She has a younger sister that will be a Junior in high school while her sister starts college. Both girls are equally impressive.

My eldest has been nationally titled as a national champion in equestrian events. The younger daughter is also in AP courses, honor society leadership and double lettered in varsity sports as a sophomore. And also carries a 4.0 GPA

T

Tim and Deb -

well I really didn't want to recover in the summer and miss out on my pool!!! LOL so I asked if we could do the surgery in the fall time~~he did say if it gets to be too unbearable to call and he will get me in ASAP -

that's really the only reason - I love my pool and I do get a lot of exercise with it so think I can strengthen my muscles. me being me!! LOL

~~ Joy ~~

Debsbears replied to bj1208's response:
Well Joy if you can make it through the summer I guess that is a good enough excuse to avoid surgery right now.

Since I'm not allowed in a swimming pool any more please enjoy it for me okay? Just don't get to sunburned.

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
You've got to be ready in the mind to allow them to cut you. The first time you don't know and you do what they say expecting the pain to stop. The second time you hope things work better because they didn't work out the first time. After 4 or 5 or ?? Surgeries you really have to be in the right state of mind. I'm getting ready for the pain pump trials which is minor compared to major spine surgery, but still I had to get right before I can even think about being in the same room as a scalpel!

Take care Joy and enjoy the pool

Tim

Helpful Tips

MRI Results of Back Help
Just received my MRI and need to wait 2 weeks for my follow up appointment. Can anyone help me read the results and let me know how serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center