Skip to content
L5/S1 DDD, Slipped disk.
phere posted:
I made a post almost a year ago, about my problems. I have recently had a MRI, which showed DDD, and a slipped disk in L5/S1. I have been doing PT, and taking Pain Meds, for about 3 months. I have been in pain for years now. I also have Psoriasis, and am wondering if i could have PsA, and if it can cause DDD. Im only 31 yrs old. What are my options now, my Dr has changed my scripts (was getting lortab 5/500 50 a month) to something called Mobic, which hurts my belly, and does nothing for the pain. I need some options, as my life from day to day is being affected. Thank you for your time.
davedsel responded:
Hello again.

In reviewing your previous posts, I see that Joy recommended that you see a spine specialist such as an orthopedic spine surgeon or spinal neurosurgeon. Have you been able to see this type of spine specialist?

Also, have you seen a pain management specialist? The best are physiatrists which deal with a variety of pain management techniques - not just prescription pain medications.

You need to discuss the problems you are having with Mobic with the prescribing doctor. You can then also speak with him about pain management options.

We are lay people and no doctor replies to these posts. If all you can see due to your insurance restrictions is your primary doctor, then you need to make sure he/she is fully aware of your pain and can help you.

I pray you can find answers and relief soon.

phere replied to davedsel's response:
yes. the dr i am seeing now is a ortheopedic sergion. spelling, sorry on phone. i have not seen a pain management doctor yet, i ont know how to really. would i just ask my doc to send me a referal or something? im new to all this stuff. sorry.
davedsel replied to phere's response:
It depends on your health insurance. If you need a referral, then talk to your primary doctor. If not, just choose a local pain management specialist that is a phsyiatrist. You should be able to do an internet search to find on in you area.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



Helpful Tips

Acupuncture helps
Both acupuncture and cups do great in pain management. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center