Skip to content
faithnGod47250 posted:
I recently had an MRI which shows a herniated disc between C-6 and C-7 which is causing pain and numbness down my left arm into the hand. Also the middle three fingers tingle as if they are asleep. Dr. says see a neurosurgeon but I was wondering if a chiropractor might be an option. I would appreciate all feedback. thank you!
davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome. I love your screen name.

This is a very controversial subject among those of us who suffer from chronic spinal pain and problems. I am a strong proponent of regular chiropractic adjustments. I have an excellent chiro who has kept me out of a wheelchair for the past 10 years. He uses no gadgets or gimmicks, just does a straight adjustment for me about once per month.

You definitely need to go to the neurosurgeon first. Make sure this is a spinal neurosurgeon, not just a general neurosurgeon. Always, always, see an MD for an accurate diagnosis and recommended treatment plan before trying any type of treatment. If you do decide on a chiropractor, make sure he/she has a copy of all of your MRI films and reports and refers to them during your adjustment.

What works for one may not work for everyone. Proceed with extreme caution after seeing the proper medical professionals and doing adequate research. Knowledge is your best tool when managing your health care.

Please keep us updated. I pray you can get the relief you need soon.


Helpful Tips

Acupuncture helps
Both acupuncture and cups do great in pain management. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center