Skip to content
help!!!!!!!
kkg92 posted:
im having lower left side/back pain between my ribs and my hip bone. it makes me feel like i need to pop my hip but i can never get the pain to go away..

trs1960 responded:
Hmmm...does it hurt when I do this?

Wait, maybe you should see a doctor?

If the pain is annoying call your preferred doc and make an appointment. If its agonizing go to the ER

Sorry for the crass response, but how can we advise you about a medical issue when were not doctors and if we were you just provided a few sentences that describe some sort of pain.

There are rules here to prevent from giving such advice for obvious reasons. I.E. from your description I may assume you popped a rib out and tell you to wait and go to the chiro...48 hrs later your appendix bursts and you die.

Anybody that would seriously take medical advise from an Internet chat room needs to seriously think about the risks.

Good luck

T

davedsel responded:
Sorry, but as Tim already said we are not allowed to give any type of diagnosis or medical advice in any WebMD community.

Your wisest move would be to either try and contact your doctor and get to a hospital emergency room. If cost is an issue a hospital er can not deny you treatment regardless of your ability to pay.

I hope you can get treatment soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to davedsel's response:
Dave. You are always the gentleman. I wasn't trying to be rude, just point out the obvious..

I was hoping you would follow up with amore civil response

T

davedsel replied to trs1960's response:
Thanks, Tim. I had developed excellent communication skills during my career. The last 5 years was as an Information Technology Auditor. I learned quickly how to phrase things so I did not offend the clients. How I wish I could have said things like "What were you thinking when you did that??" or "That was a really stupid move!!". LOL
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to davedsel's response:
I agree, and while I too enjoy the formal almost parliamentary environment staff meetings require, sometimes I can't help, but say things the way they are!

Both have advantages and one offers entertainment.

I work for one of the largest companies in the US. The meetings can drive you insane. The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. Highly educated, fast track executives that can't figure out you need to put the landing gear down before you make contact with the runway!

On the other hand, being around an intense engineering environment also has the amazingly intelligent individuals that I enjoy pontificating vector hypothesis or fluid dynamics...oh how I would love to go back to school.

Either in psychology or something to do with physics perhaps micro nuclear R&D?

Definetly not a communications group or anything that requires dealing with the public =:0

Helpful Tips

Spinal fusion
I had lumbar fusion at L 4-5, L5-S1 19 years ago with limited success. I have been disabled because of pain, but I still consider the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center