Skip to content
back pain
mogo51 posted:
Most of the comments here seem to be at least 3 years old I wish I had read them before undergoing my back surgeries (2) over past 3 years - I would not have proceeded. The success rate is just not high enough and nothing like the 'success rate' that was thrust at my by my surgeon.
I am in Aussie and it cost $80k both surgeries, mine was covered excpet for hospital excess.
My last one 8 months ago has caused me great pain after initial improvement, I went down hill and have seen this has happened to others. I great horrendous thigh cramp pain and hip pain of an evening which wakes me up. I exercise (mainly in the pool) can only walk short distances, stand or sit for long time causes pain etc. all that others have reported here.
I would say to anyone considering such an operation, give it a lot of consideration and if you can avoid it do so.

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

yes some posts and responses are over a year old or older but there are lots that are current. posts that have more than 10 responses tend to go back a few years

i'm sorry you had to have back surgeries - I've had one fusion (L5-S1) done in 2008 and am getting ready for my 2nd. Fusions are done when the disc is damaged and the only option is to have it removed.

let us know a little more about yourself and your surgeries. we are mostly here in the US but would be willing to try and help you
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Strech
streching every hour helps More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center