Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
back pain
mogo51 posted:
Thank you for responding.First operation: I had no disc left between L4/5 (dont know how you are still standing was the Ortho comment). Fused the disc and inserted a prothesis at L1 (virtually a shock absorber that is what it looked like). My ortho had studied for 7 years in the US and very few do this type of surgery in Australia.
After 7 months was told I could go back playing golf and I was feeling quite good but still a little stiff but believed this would improve,
Second game of golf popped L3/4 and sciatic and back pain returned.
Eventually 8 months ago had further surgery as that disc had collapsed at one end, put in a 'spacer' to level and then used a titanium cage to push the disc into position.
At first was improving but then found I stagnated and pain was not decreasing, was doing physio. Onset of severe leg cramps in both thighs, hamstrings are like rocks and very painful to try and stretch.
Pain across back, into backside and around into groin, testicles, both sides.
Cannot walk very far, legs feel very heavy after a short distance, sitting less painful but uncomfortable after a time, same with standing.
Will never undergo surgery again, better off putting up with the pain.
I am never free of pain.
I am using a frequency generator from Hulda Clarke, a US product and it seems to be helping a little. The theory of this is that parasites are the cause of many of human ailments? Jury still out there with me.

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
217 of 334 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center