Skip to content
Day two zero meds
trs1960 posted:
I quit all pain meds yesterday. The pain is so intense I can hardly stand it, but I.think I can do it. I want to go to the doc and tell him to run a drug test... Speaking of which, how long do I need to be clean to test clean?

Of course my wife has a list of yard work for me to do which is just killing me
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bj1208 responded:
Hey Tim -

Gosh I wish you would have reduced down that way the withdraws won't be so bad.

Ibuprofen will help - also look up withdraws on internet and self help to see if this will help.

wish you he best - keep us posted
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
I did., not quite the tritation rules of 3, but I went 50% then 30% and then zero

The pain is so intense I don't feel any withdrawals!!

aprilrose9 replied to trs1960's response:
Hi Tim,

You know the answer to your question, but are probably in too much pain to figure it out. Mini reminder: depends ont the drug and the half life. Not trying to be a smart a , just a gentle reminder.
Wow! Can't believe your strength and determination.
A-R9

davedsel responded:
All I can say is Wow! and Ouch! I admire your strength and courage, but your incentive of the pain pump will be worth your struggles.

Joy is right about ibuprofen, but I will share that I find enteric coated aspirin to be more effective for me.

This may be a time to tell your wife that your honey-do list just has to wait.

Continuing to pray for you, Tim.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

trs1960 replied to aprilrose9's response:
Yeah I know it's based on half life. I just don't know what morphine and Norco are? I want to piss in the cup and say here!! Clean

trs1960 replied to davedsel's response:
Thanks Dave. We know the strength determination can bring... Too bad it didn't last forever. My PHD said it best. "You can be stubborn and you can beat your head against the wall to mask the pain, but pain doesn't caret just waits 24/7 until it finds a moment of weakness."

Debsbears responded:
Hi Tim, I will be praying for you, this can't be easy. Do you know when you can try out the pain pump?

tuloud54 responded:
I believe most here can literally FEEL your pain.I am so sorry you're suffering right now but it will not last forever.Sure feels like it sometimes. You da man! Gots lots of people caring for you.God bless and think of better days to come. Tom

trs1960 replied to tuloud54's response:
Weird. Night before last I had no withdrawals symptoms. Last night 48 hours since last injection was miserable. I tried Xanax. Ambien. No help just tossed and turned in painfully misery. I just wanted to tear my arms out. Of course the tossing and turning made the pain worse! I finally took a 15 mg morphine and fell asleep around 5-6 this AM

It's so hard to be sitting 5 ft away from all the meds I need, but I've sworn not to take them.

trs1960 replied to Debsbears's response:
Btw. To pass a urine test you need to be four days out for morphine and six for Norco

Half life's are in the hours range

trs1960 replied to trs1960's response:
Last ingestion no needles!

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
You are almost there Tim hang in there. I will be praying for you until Wednesday then when I am well enough I will continue again or should I say awake enough I'll resume.

trs1960 replied to Debsbears's response:
Yeah I can do it. What you don't know is this whole time my wife and my daughter who just turned 18 have been fighting and my wife kicked her out of the house. I miss her so much and now she has no car and no phone. I can take a broken back, but I'm not sure about a broken heart?

My daughter started acting like an 18 year old and my wife couldn't handle it. My daughter was a 4.25 GPA student graduating with honers and three college course complete in high school. She also is a national champion equestrian rider. She's my love and I failed to protect her.

Debsbears replied to trs1960's response:
Tim I am sorry to hear this - do you know when her graduation is? Can you go to see this wonderful ceremony take place?

I will pray that your daughter comes back home and all will be resolved.

I can feel your pain in this - because 6 months before my daughters high school graduation she went missing, she came home after school changed her clothes I drove her to work - she never came home that was in 1994 she just turned 18, I haven't seen or heard from her since, my son and I have tried to find her but can't so we continue to pray for her return or find out about her.

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center