Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When To Have ELECTIVE Surgery?
An_250887 posted:
Carefully consider time of year for having surgery at a teaching hospital. Confused? Ask your doc if they would want their family member to be hospitalized in July-September.

davedsel responded:
Hello.

Why are you posting this?
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

An_250887 replied to davedsel's response:
I was trying to be polite since I am giving advice without being asked for my opinion.
In America all first year residents start on July 1st. It is a stressful time to go from being a medical student to being in charge of patients care. If you end up with an overnight stay or any post op complications you will have someone who is "new on the job" making decisions regarding your care.
This is along the same thought as having surgery on a Friday, when there is less staff over the weekend and fewer attending physicians in the hospital.
I was trying to be helpful and nothing more.

davedsel replied to An_250887's response:
Your advice is good and appreciated.

It initially seemed unsolicited and rather vague. I was just trying to make sure that your motive was not to promote anything or anyone specifically. This website is very prone to spam/ads which are against the terms of service in all WebMD communities.

Your tip makes a great deal of sense. Thank you.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

An_250887 replied to davedsel's response:
Thank you for your kind reply.

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center