Skip to content
Can't believe with all the technology, I have to live with the pain of scar tissue on the nerve stem!
ReneeInTexas posted:
Hi, I'm new to this site and have been thru hell and back since B4 2010. L5 S1 disc was bulging 3/8 on my sciatic nerve. I had surgery in Dec 2010 and 3 months later I sneezed and my disc ruptured. I couldn't stand on my right leg. I crawled around my house until I had my second surgery. Now I'm suffering with scar tissue on my nerve stem. I had a stimulator implanted last Oct. Was doing great with it until 2 months ago. I'm having break thru pain. I have seen several neurosurgeons and the last one I saw by referral from my sons girlfriend, her mom works with one. Its sad when you learn that the surgeon who did your surgery couldn't pass his board cert. 3 times and was kicked out of several hospitals due to not passing. My days are spent in pain. No one told me that this was a risk. Everything has been a whirl wind of trying to make my life better and all its done is make my life worse! Is there anyone out there whom is going thru the same problems? Also, I would recommend research the risk and your Doc's. Mine was all for the money. Even the last 5 bucks insurance didn't pay!

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center