Lumbar steroidal injections
mogo51 posted:
I am a long term back pain victim, 4 operations, last 8 months ago and still in a lot of pain. Orthopeadic surgeon wants me to have Lumbar Steroidal Injection (block).
Has anyone had this and if so, how did it go. I am concerned about possible damage to nerves and also any side effects long term.

davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome.

Please read through the Tip at the top of this Back Pain Community that lists recommended steps for diagnosing and treating back pain. Within that thread are links to websites that have good information about spinal conditions and treatments.

My wife had a back injury at work in March 2011. She had 2 series of injections, the first with steroids and the second without. Those did help for a few months each time, but the steroids caused reactions such as high blood pressure and elevated blood glucose readings. She also has had two facet nerve rhizotomies (burning of the nerves) which have helped. However, she is still disabled and unable to work. The injections provided short-term pain relief but can not correct the damage that was done from the injury.

Continue doing your research. I pray you do have success in your search for relief.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

mogo51 replied to davedsel's response:
thank you Dave, had the same information relayed to me today from my physio guy. Dont think I will be getting it done.