Skip to content
Feet pain
trs1960 posted:
The balls of my feet and my shins have been killing me. Today I was in the orthopedic with my daughter and I was looking at the poster of all the central nervous central system and areas served. Damned if L5 doesn't serve the areas where all my pain is worst. Right around my hips, my shins and the balls of my feet. Now I'm really worried about my lower spine. The only disks I have left are L4/L5 and down. I'm worried as my feet hurt so bad I can hardly walk!

trs1960 responded:
I see my doc Tues, but if you look at a nerve diagram I have pain exactly were the L5 nerve feeds. Around my hips down to my shins and the bottoms of my feet! I think I'll ask for another MRI and and epidural if it won't interfere with the pain pump.

dollbug responded:
Hello....just wanted to comment that I have learned recently that our feet has a lot to do with other pain....Morton's Toe is one example. I have had lower back pain for some time now and not one doctor could tell me what was causing it. But I now take P5P, which is found in vitamin store and is a processed form of Vitamin B 6...I am still not quite sure just how all of this is connected but taking the P5P solved my lower back pain.

I also know that taking magnesium malate (from Vitamin store as well....solved my hurting feet, which felt like I was walking on pins and needles.

I will also add that I went to a foot doctor who could not help me at all. I do not think the doctors can always solve our problems with pain.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

trs1960 replied to dollbug's response:
I'm just amazed that my leg and foot pain follow the L5 inner action diagram exactly.

Being that the discs between L4-S1 are the only disks I have left from T4 down it makes sense that these last few are getting beat up!

trs1960 replied to trs1960's response:
L5 goes around your hips down your legs to your shins, heals and thru the balls of your feet to your inner toes....=:0/

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center