Skip to content
Accidentally took Ibuprofen with Celebrex
toaist posted:
I take Celebrex for my neck but took 4 ibuprofen this morning too for a back spasm (I didn't know they were same class - now I do and won't repeat it). Is this a problem?

davedsel responded:
High doses of NSAIDs can affect the liver and kidneys. If I were you, I would wait a long time before taking anymore OTC or prescription pain medications. If you start having any adverse affects from taking this much medication you may want to contact your doctor.

You may also want to talk to your doctor and inform him/her that your pain medication does not fully help. Please read through the Tip tat the top of this WebMD Back Pain Community that lists the recommended steps for getting back pain diagnosed and treated.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

toaist replied to davedsel's response:
Hello Dave, many thanks for your reply and comments provided. (Sorry about the double-posting, by the way - I wasn't sure which was most appropriate.)

Today's issue as far as the back spasm goes is just an acute flare-up due to being uncareful when picking up a box. The neck is the only chronic problem.

Blessed day to you!

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center