Skip to content
St Jude SCS
Angrybitterman posted:
Ok, you can tell by my user name that I'm not exactly a happy guy. I had a spinal cord stimulator put in about 4 or 5 years ago. The idiot doctor withheld treating me with narcotic pain killers and talked me into this (insert foul word and add ing) spinal cord stimulator. I'm not sure if I could name the doctor, but I think I can say he works for a Clinic in Cleveland. One word of advice. DO NOT GET A SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR AND AVOID THE WORLD FAMOUS CLINIC IN CLEVELAND. Sorry, not yelling just adding emphasis. My SCS did not work for my pain, and now has been recalled. I have been treated so bad by that clinic and I do feel like I was given the choice to live in pain or get the SCS. You have a 50% chance that it for you, meaning that if you have it put in, it may or may not work for you. Also, my doctor said he didn't have any problems with the SCS. He lied. They do not work for 1/2 of the patient's that have them implanted. You have been warned. Do what you like, but I would not have gone through this knowing what I know now.

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
224 of 341 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center