Skip to content
Cortizone shot in knee HELP
sunshine90806 posted:
Hi Everybody,Been a long time since I have been on,I got a shot in my knee this morning. The pain is so bad in my leg I can hardly stand it,starts in my butt cheek and goes down the leg till about mid-calf:( I got an ijection 3 months ago in the same knee. It did NOT hurt like this am wondering if anybody has an answer for me?? I take strong narcotics for my back after 8 Back surgeries. That is not touching the pain!!! Thank you in advance for any insight you can give me. My old name on here was sunshine!!

davedsel responded:
Hello.

My understanding is that it is normal to have so much pain on the day of the injection, and even a few days afterwards. It is also normal to react to injections differently each time. If it is that bad you may want to consider calling the doctor who did this procedure asap.

I am presuming you had a shot in your knee because you have osteoarthritis. You may also want to post this on the WebMD Osteoarthritis Community here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/osteoarthritis-exchange

I pray you find pain relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

sunshine90806 replied to davedsel's response:
Thank you so much Dave,I will try that:)

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center