Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to the group-TLIF this week
cpi17 posted:
Hi all,
59 y/o male here. This week had 2-level TLIF, L4-L5, L5-S1. Just got home yesterday, doing fine I guess...just sore as hell!!!

Thought this would be a great place to interact with others experiencing similar things, and perhaps get some answers as they come along.

One thing I've notice is that my bladder feels 'full' about once each hour. I then void and it is fine, for about another hour. The amount of urine each hour is rather small, but the bladder does feel full.

I'm wondering if the bladder can become 'swollen' or tight during the surgery. Hoping this returns to normal, but if not trying to get in front of possible problems.

Meantime I am sure I will be visiting often as the recovery progresses, and want to thank everyone in advance for your help and input. So far I'm way too sore to tell if any of my 35 year-old back pain is gone...but I am very optimistic! As most of you know, this chronic pain for so many years sort of changes your outlook of 'reality'. I truly am looking forward to having a 'normal' life again.

davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for sharing with us. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I pray for continued healing and relief for you.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

marybear53
I have had relief from facet injections in my lower back. My pain management doctor told me that surgery is not, and will not be an option. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center