Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

New to the group-TLIF this week
    cpi17 posted:
    Hi all,
    59 y/o male here. This week had 2-level TLIF, L4-L5, L5-S1. Just got home yesterday, doing fine I guess...just sore as hell!!!

Thought this would be a great place to interact with others experiencing similar things, and perhaps get some answers as they come along.

One thing I've notice is that my bladder feels 'full' about once each hour. I then void and it is fine, for about another hour. The amount of urine each hour is rather small, but the bladder does feel full.

I'm wondering if the bladder can become 'swollen' or tight during the surgery. Hoping this returns to normal, but if not trying to get in front of possible problems.

Meantime I am sure I will be visiting often as the recovery progresses, and want to thank everyone in advance for your help and input. So far I'm way too sore to tell if any of my 35 year-old back pain is gone...but I am very optimistic! As most of you know, this chronic pain for so many years sort of changes your outlook of 'reality'. I truly am looking forward to having a 'normal' life again.

davedsel responded:
    Hello and welcome.

Thank you for sharing with us. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I pray for continued healing and relief for you.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

releif
    Ice works wonders More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center