Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
while waiting to see Neuro Surgeon:
tlh509 posted:
I called again the other day to see if there was a chance I could get in before my Sept 4th appt. and things began to go downhill dramatically painwise. Started getting sciatica like pain again, could hardly walk. She referred me back to my G.P. and said they couldn't do anything without seeing me first.

Meanwhile Wed. afternoon I went into a local ER as the pain became unbearable, and they put me on a steroid pack. I got a shot first of steroid, and then a prescription for prednisone. I am in day 2 now of the steriods, and finally getting some relief from the searing pain.

I think its abundantly clear that I am not going to have much option when it comes to not having the back surgery. I was able to find out the Neuro Surgeon is with some local Neuro-back institute, so that bodes well.

I don't think I can tolerate another round of this, so getting my questions ready and looking forward to the 4th of Sept.!!!

davedsel responded:
Hello again.

I'm sorry you have had so much pain but very glad to read that the ER has been able to help.

Praying you can make it through until 9/4. Less than two weeks away.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

tlh509 replied to davedsel's response:
thanks again Dave.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center