Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update: waiting to see the Neuro Surgeon this week
tlh509 posted:
Last week was a rough week pain wise, as I had to go to the ER because the pain was so unbearable. They put me on prednisone for about a week. Needless to say, I am feeling much better now. I went to a followup visit with my G.P. this past Thursday and then was able to find out the condition I have is not a herniated or ruptured disc, at least not yet, but it is protruding onto a nerve. My G.P. said he would be very interested to hear what the Neuro Surgeon thinks. One treatment that might be available to me he said, would be the epidural, direct shot of steroid into the protruding disc area. My G.P. was saying that for some people, it can actually shrink the offending disc, down or totally away. Sounds good to me, as again, my approach is surgery only as a last option, and that is the approach my Neuro-Surgeon takes as well. Hopefully the majority of the pain will stay away at least until Wed.

bj1208 responded:
Hi tlh509 - I hope the shots work for you -

here's an article explaining how bulging/herniated discs are basically same terminology - food for thought~~

http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/herniated-disc/whats-a-herniated-disc-pinched-nerve-bulging-disc

you can click on the "condition" word and research other types of disc problems and treatment options.

Keep us posted how u are doing~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

tlh509 replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks Joy.

Helpful Tips

How I got rid of 2 1/2 years of sciatic pain
I had sciatic pain for over 2 years went to chiropractor twice a week for months, tried acupunture and ever nasd and pain pill out there. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center