Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Holiday Moaning
davedsel posted:
Hello, all. Definitely Monday Moaning in our house today.

Another thing I looked forward to when I was working was holidays. Most of my career was working for large local banks, so I got and enjoyed lots of them every year.

My wonderful wife twisted wrong Friday in the pond and her back pain level is way up. She is taking enteric coated aspirin, her muscle relaxer (she only takes that if the pain is really bad), icing and mostly laying in bed. She is walking around the house (only when absolutely necessary) with a walker. She will be contacting doctors tomorrow for help.

Yesterday I got a call from my eldest niece. She is only 2 years younger than me as her mother, my late half sister, was 14 years older than me, married at 16 and started having children at 18. Anyway, her younger brother passed away unexpectedly at age 50. He was in the hospital, flat lined three times but they could not revive him after the last one. They are doing an autopsy because there is no apparent cause at this time. This is a huge shock to our family and we are very sad. My nephew Dean is survived by 3 sisters, one brother, his father, other family and friends.

My plans for today are to take care of my wife as she needs and wait to hear about the arrangements about my nephew. Thankfully, my back pain levels are fairly tolerable even though the humidity is still high at 88%.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Happy Labor Day Everyone~~

I have done a lot of no-no's today - ugh back is killing me and I hear the swimming pool calling me and I know the hot tub will be too later tonite.

I steam cleaned my living room carpet as there were 2 areas I had dropped a full cup of coffee. So I had a pre-soak soap on the areas and cleaned the carpet real well. Then my windows are marks on them where my dog (Rocky - black/white Boxer) loves to stick his nose - so I was scrubbing about 6 windows to get the marks off. After that I sat down and played a game on my cell and took a shower - waiting for my cuz to get here and we will hit the pool - may even have one drink later as that will do me in.

Hope everyone has a great day and low pains~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center