Skip to content
I can sympathize
gbpack50 posted:
After having two lower back surgeries (2000 & 2010) I am now in the worst pain ever. After a visit last week to my neurosurgeon, he discussed placing "spacers" in between the disks. I'm not sure what he meant as he didn't explain it very well and the fact that I wasn't convinced he was my best option anyway. Second opinion scheduled.

davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome.

You are so wise to be getting at least one more opinion. I've heard of spinal surgery using "spacers", both bone-grafts as well as metal cages used as the spacers.

Get the specifics from the surgery, do your research and weigh your benefits against the risks. Read through the Tip at the top of this WebMD Back Pain Community that lists recommended steps for getting back pain diagnosed and treated. Within that thread are links to websites that have good information about spinal problems and solutions.

Please keep us updated. I pray you find answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 43 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center