Skip to content
I fell on my butt & now my tail bone & upper back hurts?
An_253557 posted:
I had fell on my ass skateboarding yesterday, my tailbone felt really bruised & my upper part around my spine is feels a little stiff like feeling when I move. Kind of like that feeling after you have fell on your wrist. It tailbone area hurts but not severe pain when I skate or jump up & down, my upper back just has feels that stiffness like feeling & it's also kinda hard to take a deep breathe afterwards. I have stretched by bending forward, no pain but I can feel a little stiffness on my way back up & in the middle of my chest as well. When I arch back I feel fine. My lower back is fine, I've twisted left & right, I feel no pain, just a very little stiffness kinda feeling on my upper back. When I lay down I get stiffness kinda pain as well. My upper back hurts when I get up from laying down as well. it Is it normal for my upper part of my back to feel like from landing on my ass but my lower back feels fine? Also when I fell I landed on both palms of my wrist as well if that plays in any role to why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling. Thanks in advance.

davedsel responded:
I'm sorry, but you can not be diagnosed or treated over a internet message board. You need to see a doctor asap.

Good luck.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

we are lay people who suffer from chronic spine issues - there are no professional physicians here.

whenever you have a hard trauma to the back it is normal to feel stiffness etc. however there really is no way to say how severe it is - you are the only one that can answer that question.

As Dave stated, it's best that you see your primary physician so that you can be examined to determine if anything may have been injured during your fall.

Wish you the best and please be careful on skateboards - they can be very dangerous~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center