Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had my first epidural yesterday
tlh509 posted:
Well I really thought the procedure and experience wasn't so bad. I could not have been any more impressed with my Dr. who was totally thorough in laying out what to expect and what happens after. I can say that this morning maybe 60% of the pain/discomfort is gone. I was able to do about 11 minutes on a stationary bike. Plan on slowing increasing my exercises a bit more. Have been told after having this by a neighbor, not to "do anything stupid." I know exactly what she was saying. Take it easy and use common sense.

bj1208 responded:
Hi tlh509 -

That's great - the shots really are not that bad - I've had so many in my back that they don't even phase me anymore.

Just remember - when doing any type of physical therapy if it hurts - Don't Do It - the ole' saying No Pain No Gain is not true when it comes to those of us with spine issues. I for one cannot do any physical therapy - walking/sitting/driving etc I can only do short periods of time.

Keep us posted how you are doing -
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

tlh509 replied to bj1208's response:
Thank you. I will!

tlh509 replied to bj1208's response:
I would say day two yesterday but more of a sore day. I did manage some stationary bike exercise and a morning walk, and that was it, didn't want to overdue it. By afternoon my foot was rather painful, the left foot. It was more burning on the bottom and tingly numb like on the top. So it was clear I was now in the things may get worse before they get better part of recovery. Again this morning got up and did 14 minutes on the bike, and did a morning walk. Taking it easy now. Will see how bad the foot is later today. The back has been good, for the most part, but I know its the disc causing the neuoropathy issue down the left leg and foot.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center