Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Treatment for cramps
onyiemma posted:
had my right toe amputated about two months, and i've been experiencing sharp pain on the wound of late. Whaat could be the cause and what medications can I take?

davedsel responded:
Hello.

That is a good question for your doctor. There are no doctors here and we can not diagnose or give medical advice.

I pray you can find answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

davedsel responded:
Hello.

I am sorry you are experiencing this. You will need to discuss this with your doctor. There are no doctors in this WebMD Back Pain Community. We are a support group of lay people who have experience with back pain and spinal issues. It is against the rules for any of us to diagnose or give medical advice.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome -

I am sorry you are having these pains and symptoms - it's a shame your surgeon didn't go over everything with you.

I have a lot of friends that have a part of their body that is amputated (leg/arm/finger/toe etc) and have heard the same story - they still feel their part of the body is still there. still have sensations (itch etc) and/or out of no where uncontrolled jumping of leg/arm etc.

My spine surgeon does a "Flat Panel Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant" to send false signals to the brain that there is no pain and he has done this for a lot of patients that have lots limbs as one of the most painful part is the nerves endings still hurting.

Please contact your surgeon and go over everything with them as to what you should expect etc. This is part of healing process they should have gone over with you.

Hope you can get relief and questions answered. Keep us posted~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center