Skip to content
7 year old has back pain
Alliejones03 posted:
My 7 year old has had lower back pain for about three weeks now. We have been to urgent care two times and got referred to take x-rays today and those came back negative for any bone problems. He starts having pain at bed time and wakes up in the middle of the night. We have been giving him ibuprofin for the last three days as instructed by the doctor but my son says that doesn't help. He is too young, active and healthy for this type of pain. I just don't get it!

trs1960 responded:
If he/she were my child I would go see an orthopedic physiatrist. In my opinion they are best trained to find the source of the problem and guide you to the best solution to fix it before it becomes a bigger problem and some surgeon cuts away limiting any future solutions.

Best of luck and my prayers are with you and your child

Tim

bj1208 responded:
Hi Alliejones03 -

I agree with TRS1960 - you need to get your son into a Orthopedic Physiatrist as they will examine your son and order further tests (MRI, CT Scan etc) and hopefully this will let you know what is going on.

You indicated your son's pain is in the lower back - can you pinpoint where the pains are and how does he describe them. These are important questions for the doc as well as has he fallen and or been pushed hard - even if this happened a few years ago as some spine issues won't show up until a couple of year later.

Keep us posted - pray you can get the answers and a good treatment program for him~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center