Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Male experiencing back, abdomen and testicular pain- Please help
    kedwa27 posted:

    Someone I care about has been experiencing quite a bit of pain in the past several months. He has been to the doctors many times and gotten many tests done, but nothing abnormal has been found. This male is 48 years old and very healthy. He exercises regularly and eats well. He does, however, suffer from horrible anxiety. Doctors have come to the conclusion that his pain may just be caused from the stress and anxiety, but I do not agree with that. He described his issue as, "... it hurts on my left lower stomach and then goes over to the right lower stomach and sometimes on both sides. Pain then shoots down to my testicles and sometimes into my side. The pain in my back is in the lower part of my back. You could say it's sharp." He stated to me that the pain is constant, but changes in intensity. He does not have any lumps cysts or anything of the sort. I am hoping someone might know what this could be. I am very concerned about him. Thank you... Kedwa
    davedsel responded:

    We are a group of lay people who have more experience with back pain than we would have ever wanted. No doctors reply to posts in this community. We can not diagnose or give medical advice.

    All that being said, what tests has this person have that led doctors to the conclusion that the pain is being caused by anxiety? Any x-rays, MRI's or CT-scans? What type of doctors has this person been seeing?

    Given the information you have shared, my advice would be to see a gastroenterologist, and then perhaps a kidney specialist. If it seems to be spinal, then a spinal orthopedic surgeon or spinal neurosurgeon would be the doctors to see. If these specialists have already been seen, then it is time for opinions from different specialists in the same fields.

    I pray this person can find the answers and relief they need son.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center