Skip to content
Hello
biancalthompson posted:
Hi my name is Bianca, I am 27 years old. I am new to this community.
I have Degenerative Disk Disease in my Cervical and Lumbar spine. Wondering if there are any techniques any one has to help with pain control that doesn't involve surgery or narcotics.

tlh509 responded:
welcome! I was diagnosed with DDD way back in the early 90's. I could offer a couple of suggestions. Execercise, specifically find some exercises for the back. Swimming and walking are good. You could also look them up here on webmd, as I did and find some great exercise ideas for th eback. I would also suggest something like an nsaid. Personally I use Aleve. Hopefully this will help. Good luck. Hope this helps.

biancalthompson replied to tlh509's response:
Good suggestions. I can't take NSAID's I have been told to keep moving and not stay down for more than a day. That's hard when I come down with an upper respiratory infection.

Helpful Tips

Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center