Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Car accident pain
    Stephanieromero17 posted:
    I was recently in a car accident, not that serious. We hit a car that passed a red light. But I've been having consistent low back and waist and right hip pain. My leg was rested on top of the dashboard when the accident happened. (I know how stupid of me) the accident was exactly a week and a half ago. Is this still soreness or is there something wrong? I got x rays and nothing broken not fractured. But it hurts a lot when I sit for too long or walk fast for too long or if I'm just standing too long. What could be wrong?
    davedsel responded:
    I am sorry you are experiencing this, but there is no way any of us on an internet message board could know what could be wrong, You need to follow-up with your doctor.

    I pray you find answers and relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    Stephanieromero17 responded:
    Thank you. I just thought maybe someone could have an idea.. But thank you anyways.
    aprilrose9 replied to Stephanieromero17's response:
    Hello Stephanieromero,

    An x-ray is the first basic thing done in the ER for this sort of accident. The x-ray will only show a spinal fracture, but you need a CT or MRI to show any soft tissue damage.

    An Internal Medicine physician can examine you, write scripts for muscle relaxants and NSAIDS while you wait for further test results to come back(CT or MRI).

    If you have a claim with the insurance company, you will need to get this documentation from a physician to give to your attorney and the insurance company.

    I hope you have muscular pain and it is not your spine. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

    bj1208 replied to aprilrose9's response:
    Please ignore the response from Katellawellnesscenter as they are a chiropractic company -

    they are not a doctor and should not refer you to a chiropractor unless your spine specialist says it's ok -. I have reported this person/company to WEBMD to be removed.
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~
    bj1208 replied to sam1985's response:
    To Sam1985 -

    Under the guidelines when you set up your account, WEBMD does not allow any advertising of any physicians, hospitals and/or personal information.

    Your post will be reported to be removed~~
    ~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

    Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

    ~~ Joy ~~

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center