Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery Date is Set..............
bj1208 posted:
I am glad I asked for after the first of the year - the nurse called yesterday and had 2 dates - one was 11/22 and the other was 12/18. I let the nurse know that the surgeon and I discussed this and wanted after first of year. I told her I didn't want to go thru Holidays recovering and that's exactly what would happen. She understood but thought I wanted to have it done before years end as the new year always brings deductibles etc. I let her know ours is $250 so not bad at all.

Ok, enough rambling on!! LOL

Jan 6th Monday have to be at hospital by 6am and surgery is at 7:30am

53 days and counting...............
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears responded:
Will keep that date on my prayer list so I can pray for you, before, during and after. I do pray you can wait until Jan. for the surgery considering all the pain you are in. Debbie

dianer01 responded:
Thanks for the update, we have time to put the universe in order!

my best

ci

bj1208 responded:
Thanks Debs_Bears and Dianer01 -

I am seriously re-thinking this!!! Yes my pains are bad and are getting worse. So much that it's affecting my appetite.

last couple of nights I have pushed myself to eat - pains always interfere with a lot of thinks but when it's food that's not good.

Last night I didn't even eat 1/4 of my dinner.

Will sit down with hubby this weekend and discuss this - also my cuz is coming into town today so will get her view point too.

Think I will shoot for December to have surgery - so will let you know if that changes.

Thanks again everyone~~I appreciate the prayers and support~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 replied to bj1208's response:
Hey Everyone -

well discussed with hubby and my cuz too and I called Surgeon - the day in Dec that they had was filled up but they did have a cancellation so.............

Surgery is now set for Dec 4th - I will be first patient so that's always good - surgery at 7:30am have to be at hospital at 6am -

I'm glad cause I went to 2 stores with my cuz today - Dollar General (love this store) and our grocery store. Only got a couple things at both and then back home. By the time I got home my back and legs were killing me. took about 3 hours before I started feeling a slight decease in pains. Ugh~~

Hope everyone has a great and pain-free weekend~~

Go CHIEFS~~~~ Playing Bronco's Sunday. hey what can I say living in KC MO area~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Joy as much as one doesn't want to be layed up on the holidays recovering from surgery I am glad you decided to get an earlier date.

Jan. seemed just too far away I will be praying for a successful surgery with minimal pain as well as a quick recovery. Debbie

trs1960 responded:
Best of luck and my prayers are with you

Tim

trs1960 responded:
Also, I'd go for December. You'll get treated like a queen and it will close out your insurance premiums for the year, but whatever's best for you.

Tim

aprilrose9 replied to bj1208's response:
Dear Bj,

I had my anterior fusion on December 18 and was discharged late on December 23rd. Felt pretty crummy for Christmas, but as my family could only think of having Christmas without me and sending a plate over, I ended up making Christmas dinner for my entire family. (clearly people don't understand back pain)

By the first week of January I felt better, so I think you have a good game plan. You will hopefully feel good enough to enjoy most of the holiday season.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

davedsel replied to bj1208's response:
Joy, I think getting the surgery sooner will be better for you in the long run. I will be praying.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 responded:
Hey Everyone - thanks for the posts and prayers -

the doc says i'll be in hospital 3-5 days so i'm thinking since surgery is on Wednesday i'll probably get out on monday - so here's a funny~~~i'll go in at age 52 and come out age 53~~~ LOL

~~ Joy ~~

aprilrose9 replied to bj1208's response:
Dear Bj,

Happy Early Birthday! What a gift, all wrapped up in sutures!

bj1208 replied to aprilrose9's response:
LMAO~~~

~~ Joy ~~

trs1960 replied to bj1208's response:
I went in in 2000 and came out in 2001. Missed Christmas and New Years

bj1208 replied to trs1960's response:
I think I remember you talking about that before - wow just can't imagine that.

But you are doing better with the implant~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center