Skip to content
TENS UNIT
biancalthompson posted:
I have started using a TENS unit as part of my pain management. I am glad to say its helping as is the increase in my dosage of Cymbalta. I like my new doctor. He is very straight forward and proactive in helping me deal with my symptoms. I have been struggling with my pain to the point that my sleep is affected and he is trying to help me cope without relying on narcotic pain meds.

Take the Poll

Does a TENS unit help with your pain?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome - I am happy this is helping you with your pains~~

Most of us here suffer from chronic pains - I am getting ready for surgery #2 - Fusion L4-5 to be attached by rods to my first fusion L5-S1

I can tell you that I have tried the TENS Unit 3 different times by 3 different physical therapists and it did not help at all.

I think most of the members have tried this without success.
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

biancalthompson replied to bj1208's response:
I have come to an understanding that nothing is going to rid me entirely of my pain. I have an acceptable level of pain. The TENS unit doesn't work on all the time. It is however another tool that I have. Good luck on your surgery. May God guide the hands of the surgeons and nurses who work on you and may your recovery be speedy.

jenn04 replied to biancalthompson's response:
I agree with you. I wish you the best. I am trying to get off narcotics as well It has been quite a journey for me.

Helpful Tips

Steps For Getting Back Pain Diagnosed And Treated
Many people come to this WebMD Back Pain Community looking for help in getting a diagnosis of a cause and relief from their back pain. Most ... More
Was this Helpful?
218 of 335 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center