Skip to content
Joy how are you doing?
debs_bears posted:
Joy how are you doing? Are going to try to get it to see the doc or go to the ER. I am really concerned about you and that screw that is out of place. Debbie

bj1208 responded:
Hi Debs -

so far it's 9:40am and no call yet. Will see what happens today - depends on what I will do.

It still hurts - especially if I cough, sneeze, blow my nose. Can't wear jeans - can't even wear underwear - just my jogging paints and I had to take the draw-string out so they are real loose on me.

still having hard time sleeping - my left side gets real sore - I have so many pillows I sleep with trying to get comfy.

Will let you know as soon as he/they call.

Thanks~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 responded:
Hey Debs and everyone -

well PA called me back yesterday afternoon - she seemed very reluctant when she stated the doc said the x-rays looked good - saying what he thinks is a pulled MUSCLE!!!

I don't think that's what it is - but they are changing my muscle relaxer - whoopie - since my pain doc is managing my pain control they called them to call in script. right now I am taking Tizanadine and the price went up from $32 to $87 - we pay out of pocket then have to turn in receipts for reimbursement - which is good cause they reimburse at 80%. No tiers on the types - just have to get generic - we are gonna try flexoril (SP) and see how that does.

I see my pain doc on 1/8 so will talk to her and let her know how that is handling the pain. Hell I was taking 4mg of Tizanadine 5 times a day - you'd think that would help. which I don't think it's muscle.
then I go in on 1/15 to get my 6th week x-ray done and see the surgeon on 1/16. they are hoping i'm lots better by then. I can only pray that's true.

Just thought I'd update update you all - take care~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks Joy for the update - I'm on Tizanidine for my neck fusion. It doesn't do anything for pain, but if you had a pulled muscle it would do wonders for that.

So it is obvious it is not a pulled muscle because the meds would work. I agree it is not a pulled muscle - I am hurting for you, I will keep you in my prayers for the dates mentioned and I really hope the new Xrays SHOW the real problem and not they think it is...... Debbie

aprilrose9 replied to debs_bears's response:
Dear Joy,

Well, I didn't expect this response from your doc. You had a CT? Not necessarily a gold card standard, so your instincts about this whole situation may be correct and the CT may not be giving the entire picture.

Hope the new meds give some relief. The cost of meds is getting more out of control by the day.

I know we all keep asking for updates, but everyone is concerned. Please, try to keep us updated when you are able to get to your computer.

Take care, April-Rose9

bj1208 replied to aprilrose9's response:
Hey April -

No didn't have a CT just an x-ray and you can really see the one screw being off centered. So I don't know what he is thinking.

The only med they gave me was a different muscle relaxer - flexoril -I've been on these before and didn't have good results so will see what they do for me.

I go wednesday to see my pain PA so will show her the written report and see what she says - may try to get a copy of the x-ray itself since it was sent over to the doc's office.

will let you guys know what happens and if the med helps~~

~~ Joy ~~

debs_bears replied to bj1208's response:
Joy can you go back to the place where you had the xrays done and request them there? If I have them done at the hospital I always request a copy so I can take them with me to the next doctor. Debbie

aprilrose9 replied to bj1208's response:
Dear Bj,

Sorry for the error. I am not really stupid...just in a lot of pain and do not always have the cognitive abilities I once had in past years.

Hope this is the week you start to get answers.

bj1208 replied to debs_bears's response:
Hi Debs - yes I always do get them when I have anything done but they wanted to have that disc curried over to the doc's office. I should have gotten a copy - I did look at the x-ray and you can see the one screw on the right protruding outward. so...... when I go on the 15th to get another x-ray I will request a copy of the first one -

Thanks~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center