Skip to content
lump in back
loopy44 posted:
Hi all!! im new to this site, today had results from a scan about a lump i have in my mid back slightly off the spine to the right, it said it they were sending me to a carcinoma specialist as it had a blood vessel running thru it so wasnt just a fatty lump...just reaching out for help really and if anyone else has had simular????
bj1208 responded:
Hi and welcome to the support group -

It really depends on what the "lump" is called - I have one and it's called a Spinal Hemangioma at T-11 and this is referred to as a blood vessel tumor - mine only has to be reviewed by MRI or CT Scan every year to check growth rate, if any.

If you can find out what exactly yours is being called then we can help you research that -

~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center