Skip to content
Just an update
bj1208 posted:
Hey everyone - hope you all are having a low pain day/week/weekend -

Me, not so good - still having pains around where the plate and screws are - my pain PA thought maybe it was a screw pinching a nerve (I could agree with this) so she told me to keep taking the flexeril and to also take baclefen (both muscle relaxers - each 10mg 4XDaily) and she gave me sample boxes of zipsor (non steroid anti-inflammatory med) so with the combination of the 3 drugs I have a rash on left hand, feel kinda "drunk" stupor feeling, hard crash at night (daughter has awoken me last 2 nites as not up at usual times) so I called and left messages with the doc's (pain PA and surgeon PA) advising of this - will wait and see who calls first on Monday! LOL

anyway - just wanted to let you all know the latest - still no change in pain - and will see surgeon this coming Thursday so.......time will tell......

hope everyone has a low pain weekend~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel2 responded:
Hi, Joy. I could not stay away and created a new account.

Just wanted to let you know I am continuing to pray for you and hope you can get some relief soon.

Blessings,

-Dave

bj1208 replied to davedsel2's response:
Thanks Dave~~

Appreciate all you have done for me and for others too~~

~~ Joy ~~

deach777 replied to bj1208's response:
Hi Joy Dave and all, wish i could take your pain away Joy, I feel for ya. I can't even manage my own pains which seem to get worse as I get up in age(63). I did find something that helps which i forgot about years ago. My infrared light. I guess its the intense heat but it helps. Dave i see your back again. hope its to stay. I am thinking of deleting the Backy Moanin site, if any one wants to administrate and take over let me know before i delete it. Okay. God Bless, ~Deach~

davedsel2 replied to deach777's response:
Good to see you, Deach. I think you should delete the Backy Moanin community. This place is very different than it was 10 years ago.

Hope you are dling OK.
Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears responded:
Joy I am sorry for your continued pain. I will continue to pray for you. I know you have another xray coming up then the doctors appt. I wish I could take your pain away for you. Debbie

bj1208 replied to debs_bears's response:
Hey Deb - yea got the x-ray to take tomorrow (Wednesday) and then doc appt Thursday -I'm gonna ask the x-ray tech to let me see the x-rays as soon as we are done taking them - she let me last time and that where I saw the screw and it was protruding to the right side.

Plus I will have the X-rays for my records too - and I can view them on my computer which is nice.

We have our TV hooked up to our internet so I will get a large viewing!!! LOL

Oh hubby is coming home to take me to the doc in box (LOL what we call the ones at Walgreens and CVS) He went 2 days ago and has the flu - so he was sooooo very kind as to give it to me!!!! I can't take the Z-Pac nor can I take Augmentin so it's got to be Amoxcillin.

Will let you all know whats going on - if spine doc says everything is fine gonna demand he schedule MRI or CT Scan. I don't think everything is fine. Ugh.

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 replied to deach777's response:
Hey Deach - almost missed your post. It's good to hear from ya.

Pains do seem to get worse as we get older. My hubby has really been thinking about selling our house and buying a motor coach - so I won't have to deal with the stairs .

Like Dave said I would go ahead and delete the Backy Moanin site. Keep us posted how you are doing~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 responded:
So as the stomach churns - oh wait wasn't that a joke name to one of the ole soap operas!!! LOL

Guess I should say as the fusion fuses the pains are still the same. Sad but true~~

Went yesterday to get X-rays done and I had them make me a copy of my Dec 19th one too - so now my records are up to date with the exception of having hospital records (which will get those pretty soon).

Anyway, saw my surgeon today - he and his PA were very disappointed as the X-rays look good but he is very concerned with the problems I am having. So it CT Scan time!!!! Oh boy!!!! They are contacting my insurance to verify (even my card says no pre-authorizations are needed) and will call me to set it up - It was funny when I told the PA - well I have X-rays done at this place and my MRI's and CT Scans done at this place - I told them I don't want to break command anywhere as they have my full history of past ones. They looked at me and laughed thinking I was nuts, guess I didn't tell them that!!! LOL

Gotta have a little chin up on this stuff, otherwise you would go bonkers.

I will let you all know when that will be scheduled.

Hope everyone has low pains~~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel2 replied to bj1208's response:
I remember that "As The Stomach Churns" was a regular skit on "The Carol Burnett Show". I loved that show.

Well, as usual I will continue to pray. Yes, gotta keep a positive attitude. It really does help.

Blessings,

-Dave

OMG Dave - I remember that too - must be where I got that from!! LOL we used to watch her show every, think it was, Sunday evenings. Of course that was when we only had a few channels available so Sunday evenings was Family Time~~

Good Memories - I've gotta start buying her DVD's so I can watch them a gain~~

~~ Joy ~~

bj1208 responded:
Hey all -

well I go in for CT Scan tomorrow (Friday) morning at 8:30am.

I will request the written report to be mailed to me so will let you know as soon as doc reads film or I get the mailed info~~

~~ Joy ~~

davedsel2 replied to bj1208's response:
Thanks for the update, Joy. Will be praying and waiting to see the results.

I'll post here that my wife's attorney has petitioned the WC carrier with a settlement figure. It is fair and she deserves this amount, and we are praying for good results. She had another appointment with for an IME this afternoon and those are basically worthless. Her doctors and the federal government say she is totally, permanently disabled so we are continuing to hope for the settlement to be what we need.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Blessings,

-Dave

debs_bears replied to davedsel2's response:
Joy and Dave I will be praying for both of you that good comes to both of you. Debbie
May you have the best pain free day as possible My prayers are with you. ~~~Debbie~~~

Dave - hoping and praying for the best for you and your wife.

I don't understand why, when treatments do no good, that we generally have to have them done.

Hope you are keeping warm with the crazy weather!!

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

Try water therapy
I also have had surgery for L5S1,protruding disc for sciatic pain. Everything was fine for a year. Then the pain came back and the doctor ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center