Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    back pain
    An_255123 posted:
    I had a disk replacement in 2012 and still in pain ! I have been to 3 different doctors in the last year. One doctor from Baylor Hospital is saying the disk is on the nerve. The other 2 doctors from La. Spine Inst.saying the disk is not on the nerve and I have a degeneration in the disk above. I have no ideal what is going on. I have tried physical therapy, pain pills , muscle relaxers, and anything else for relief. Is there anyone out there have the same issues. I never had any problems until I had a complete hysterectomy in Jan. 2012
    davedsel2 responded:
    Hello and welcome.

    I am sorry you are in pain and fully understand.

    As frustrating as this is, you need to continue to pursue this with some type of spine specialist such as a spinal orthopedic surgeon or a spinal neurosurgeon. I know you have already had 3 opinions, but a 4th may be needed.

    After seeing the spine specialist, you should see a pain management specialist that is a physiatrist. This type of doctor goes deeper into pain management and offers a wide variety of treatments and techniques.

    I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
    Please click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    katellawellnesscenter responded:
    I don't know the doctors, there experience and skill. If you are not getting relief then should consult other specialist. Everything possible in the world so Don't be hopeless.

    Helpful Tips

    Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit #2Expert
    Here are the rest of the suggestions (had to break into to two parts due to the character limits) 5. Make sure that all records ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    39 of 54 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center