Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lower back pain
karibean posted:
I have rod and pins in my lower back. I am still having a lot of pain. I had been using a regular heating pad but I do not get much relief. Can I possibly use an infrared heating pad?

bj1208 responded:
hi and welcome to the support group -

before trying this you may want to see your surgeon to see what is going on. Current MRI/CT Scans may need to be done if it's been more than a year since your last.

Your surgeon will examine you, let you know what's going on and can let you know if this would be good to use or not.

You didn't say how long ago your surgery was?
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

karibean replied to bj1208's response:
My last fusion was in 2003 but I was back to see my doctor last year. He said it look like the next vertabrae up above my fusion was unstable. He said eventually I would need another fusion done. I really do not want to have another spinal fusion done. I already have had 2 fusions one in 1998 and 2003

bj1208 replied to karibean's response:
the pains you are feeling could be coming from this other disc - I would check with your doctor to see if maybe injections along with physical therapy may help.

keep us posted~~
~~ Click on my name or picture and read my story ~~

Take care ~~ God Bless ~~

~~ Joy ~~

Helpful Tips

A Good Orthopedic in 10118 area?
Hello Everyone, I suffer from lower back pain for over 9 years now and it's been getting worse and worse. I have not had any luck with the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Spine Center